POSITIVE LIVING BC Advocacy Services provide:
- One-on-one drop-in sessions with our Individual Advocates
- Twenty-five on-line self help modules Advocacy Action Kits that offer current, simple, step-by-step information on issues related to welfare, seniors, persons with disabilities and other important issues such as bed bugs. Appropriate and related forms are also available on-line.
Accessing financial, health-related and other types of assistance can be overwhelming, but our Individual Advocates may be able to help you. Drop-ins are welcome from 10am-12pm and 1pm-4pm at 1107 Seymour Street (2nd Floor), Vancouver.
We currently also provide weekly Advocacy Services at The Dr Peter Centre, Boys R Us, both in Vancouver and at The Lighthouse in Abbotsford. To find out when, please call. You can reach an Individual Advocate by phone at 604.893.2223 or toll-free at 1.800.994.2437.
More questions? Try our on-line Ask an Advocate Question and Answer site.
To assist you with in your search for Rental Housing, we have two dedicated Housing Search Kiosks that you can use, with the guidance of an Advocate if needed; one at the POSITIVE LIVING BC office at 1107 Seymour Street and the other at The Dr. Peter Centre at 1110 Comox Street in Vancouver
If you are unable to work because of poor health, you may be eligible for one of the following income assistance programs:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Long Term Disability insurance (LTD)
- 64+ Income Assistance
We can also provide assistance with the following issues:
- Monthly Nutritional Supplement Benefit (MNSB)
- Access to medical treatment
- Tenants’ rights
- Debt forgiveness
- Planning ahead
- Appropriate referrals