All staff, volunteers and Board Directors are required to sign and adhere to the POSITIVE LIVING BC confidentiality policy.
The confidentiality policy requires that:
- employees and volunteers respect the confidentiality of Society information relating to the personnel, member records, and business of the Society, excluding Annual General Meeting Minutes and audited year-end Financial Statements, and shall not copy, discuss, or distribute any portions of these records or information. Any employee or volunteer who breaches these provisions of confidentiality is subject to disciplinary action or termination.
- any member, employee, volunteer, or applicant for employment has the right to have all information about them kept strictly confidential.
In addition, staff, volunteers and Board Directors:
- may use Society information only for Society purposes
- must not use Society information for their personal benefit
- must protect Society information from improper disclosures
- must report to the Board, or to a person the Board designates, any incident of abuse of Society information.
- may divulge Society information if:
a) they are authorized by the Board or to a person designated by the Board to release it, and
b) it is to a person who has lawful right to the information
- must request advice from the Board or from a person the Board designates if in doubt about whether Society information may be released
“Society information” is information that is acquired solely by reason of involvement with the Society and which the Society is under an obligation to keep confidential.
|Confidentiality Policy (PFD format)||56.96 KB|