POSITIVE LIVING BC has places available for people to get their teeth and mouth examined by 4th year UBC dentistry students, supervised by a Professor.
The types of services that can be performed include:
- oral hygiene inspection
- dental polishinga and flouride
- tartar removal
- denture adjustment
- tissue conditioning under dentures
- treatment of active decay in teeth not already causing pain or infection
- simple filings not requiring anestesia
- re-cemenation of crowns/bridges
The types of servces NOT available include:
- extractions requiring local anesthesia
- root canal procedures
- major restorative work (crowns, bridges, dentures, etc)
The service is free but appointments are required. A BC MSP number is required in advance.