Outdoorsmen - Horseback Riding
About this Hike:
Ride a horse for a few hours from Sea to Sky Stables in Paradise Valley, Squamish. The trail rides take you through lush coastal and temperate rainforests and along the gorgeous Squamish and Cheakamus rivers. Glacier viewing, eagles and other wildlife such as deer, coyote, wolf and the occasional bear are highlights of the ride.
Duration: 1 or 2 hours ride (plus option to stop afterwards in Squamish for food/drinks)
Cost: One hour $45.00 or two hours $75 (plus tax), plus a few dollars fuel to your driver
How to Prepare:
- wear light weight, layered clothing, including a jacket - it can be cold at the top
- hiking boots or strong soled hiking shoes (sneakers are not suitable for this mountain hike)
- a healthy lunch including on-trail snacks
- water (2 litres recommended)
- sunscreen and sunglasses
- hiking poles, camera (optional)
Travel time from Vancouver: approximately 1.5 hours
Meeting Point: 10:00am at Sea to Sky Stables, Paradise Valley, Squamish
Sign up: RSVP Outdoorsmenbc@yahoo.ca and please indicate whether you need a ride or are able to offer a ride and indicate how many passengers you can take.