Positive Leadership Development Institute training
This is a valuable professional development opportunity which takes place 24-27 February 2012, at Loon Lake in Maple Ridge, and is not a retreat.
It is open to any HIV-positive person resident in BC, although each person taking the training must be sponsored by a PAN member organization (such as POSITIVE LIVING BC). Applications need to be received by 13 December 2011 so that POSITIVE LIVING BC can agree which 4 applications to sponsor and forward to PAN for final selection.
The three main goals of the training are:
- to identify personal values and philosophy
- to develop leadership skills and practices
- to gain community knowledge and awareness
The curriculum objectives are for participants to have the opportunity:
- to understand the 5 principles and 10 commitments of leadership
- to realize individual leadership potential
- to participate in building a network of leaders within the PHA community
- to realize the potential and strengths that each individual brings to the network
- to learn about and practice leadership skills in a safe environment
- to inspire others to become leaders
- to encourage participants to take on facilitator and mentoring roles within the community
- to expand participants awareness of our community
For more details and an appplication form please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about the Positive Leadership Development Institute training.